Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) Two Day
Adult Mental Health First Aid (Two-Day)
This course is suitable for those who want to gain the necessary skills to have a non-judgmental conversation, recognise the signs and symptoms of common workplace mental health issues and effectively guide a person towards the right support.
Aims & Objectives
Developed by MHFA England, this two day course qualifies delegates as mental health first aiders. Delegates will get a deep understanding of what mental health is and what factors can affect wellbeing. Te course teaches delegates practice skills to spot the signs of mental illness and gives them the confidence to step in and support a person who needs assistance.
- Why Mental Health First Aid?
- The Impact of mental health
- Stigma and discrimination
- The Mental Health first Aid action plan
- Defining depression inc symptoms
- Suicide awareness inc figures
- Alcohol, drugs and mental health
- Non-judgemental listening skills
- Treatment and resources for people with depression
- Appropriate Self care