Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme - SSSTS (CITB)
|Duration TBC||Date TBC||Stoke, Staffordshire||£225||View Details | Enquire|
Site Supervision Safety Training Scheme.
- First line managers, foremen, gangers, team leaders and supervisors.
- Those who have, or are about to acquire, supervisory responsibilities and need to understand their legal duties & contribute to the instruction, supervision and monitoring of tasks and activities to ensure safety on site.
Aims & Objectives
- Understand the problems of the industry.
- Appreciate how health and safety law is structured.
- Identify how their supervisory role fits into that of the manager in controlling site safety.
- Carry out risk assessments and understand the need for method statements.
- Carry out site inductions, tool box talks and method statement briefings.
- Understand what is meant by proactive and reactive monitoring and appreciate their need.
- Construction accidents: types, numbers and immediate and underlying causes
- Health & Safety legal system acts, regulations, approved codes of practice and guidance notes
- Risk assessments in such areas as:
- Working at height
- Occupational health
- Control of contractors
- Confined spaces