Confined Spaces - Safe Entry and Escape Breathing Apparatus
|1 Day||12/12/2019||Yarnfield, Staffordshire||£125||View Details & More Dates | Enquire|
Confined Spaces – Safe Entry and Escape Breathing Apparatus
This one day course is predominantly intended for practical users who need to enter spaces which are substantially enclosed and where there is a potentially hazardous working environment. It would also benefit Managers, Supervisors, Engineers etc. (who may have a need to control work in these locations). All delegates should be physically fit, as an entry exercise will be carried out.
Aims & Objectives
This course is designed to ensure that delegates who need to enter such workplaces understand the requirements of the law, the need for risk assessments and safe systems of work and how to apply these practices. This includes the competent use of the appropriate equipment, to enable entry to be made safely.
- What is a Confined Space and what are the hazards?
- Legal requirements
- Topman/Standby Man responsibilities
- Risk Assessments and Safe Systems of Work
- Equipment required to enter a Confined Space
- The purpose and use of Gas Detection Equipment
- The purpose and use of Escape Breathing Apparatus
- The use of ropes and Safety Harnesses
- The purpose and use of Tripods and Man Riding Winches
- Personal Protective Equipment and Hygiene including safety Harness
- Examination, Testing and Maintenance of Equipment
- Ventilation and the avoidance of unsafe atmospheres
- Communication and Entry Procedures
- Suspension Trauma
- Fire-fighting equipment
- Practical Exercise
- Course Review and Assessments